Men

Gynecomastia in Men

Gynecomastia in men mean to have abnormally large breast.This is common in adolescent boys and in 90% of the cases it doesn’t stay for long and disappears in a couple of months.The remaining 10% suffer from embarrassment and shame. As a result a person starts to hate himself and gets depressed.

Causes for Gynecomastia

There are several causes like:

  • Tumors
  • Liver disease
  • Puberty
  • Aging
  • Side effects of Medicines
  • Genetic disorder
  • Obesity

Remedy for Gynecomastia

:
Cases like obesity and weight loss can help gynecomastia conditions and for other cases physical surgery is the only remedy. Once the surgery is done a person needs to get over this psychologically as well. Such cases take a longer time heal and leave scars on the mind and the person also needs to get used to his body and accept it.

Psychological Problems in Gynecomastia:

:
A person suffering from gynecomastia leaves a negative effect on a person. He gets emotionally shattered and the feeling of embarrassment and shame is always there. A man suffering from this cannot face others and doesn’t feel masculine. A feeling of self-hatred and loneliness gets into his mind and he struggles with anxiety for small reasons. The best way to get rid of this problem is surgery and the other is psychological help.Its not easy to treat such people psychologically as they suffer from an inferiority complex from childhood by people teasing them and this doesn’t change by breast reduction.

There are a few men who get it in the later stage by steroids or some other causes.In such situations it can leave them feeling low and out of control of their body. Surgery is the only solution to relieve this problem and for some a therapy may work to distress.

It is very difficult for men to talk about this problem especially for those who have gone through it but once they get used to their body and acknowledge it, it becomes much easier to adapt to new things around.A person begins to over come the feeling of shame and embarrassment.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *